Monday 14 September 2009

Tour Of Britain 14.09.09
















My ankle has been healing steadily and with great physio support from FASIC, I have been out on the bicycle a fair bit. Yesterday Pete and I cycled the Tour of Britain Stage 3 route from Peebles to Gretna Green, unfortunately my rear mech cable snapped and so I was stuck with only 3 gears and was unable to finish. We were about 20km from the finish by the time we called it a day; the weather was amazing and the route was great, the descent off the second Category 2 climb was one of the best I have done!





Today I again headed down to Peebles to see the Tour entourage and must have spent at least an hour drooling over the multitude of beautiful shiny bikes everywhere you looked! Oh how nice it would be to have your mech cable snap and just have a following mechanic throw you a whole new untouched steed! I managed to get snaps with Olympic Gold Medalist Geraint Thomas of Barloworld (soon to be Sky), British National Road Champion Kristian House of Rapha Condor, Tour of Ireland Winner Russel Downing of Candi TV Marshalls Pasta (also soon to be Sky), and Olympic Gold Medalist Rob Hayles and National XC Champion Ian Wilkinson of Halfords Bike Hut who I actually gave some recce about the route to! I also managed to see Dan Lloyd of Cervelo, Chris Froome of Barloworld, Ben Swift of Katusha (with Vladimir Karpets) and a whole host of others great riders. Bradley Wiggins was hiding in the team bus and only came out just in time to sign on and join the peleton before they set off so I only managed a distant snap. Off to watch the race on ITV4 now, I'll let you know if I spot myself!




No comments:

Post a Comment