Wednesday 10 March 2010

Sunshine on Creag Meagaidh 10/03/10



Today Bruce and I had a fantastic day climbing The Wand on Creag Meagaidh in glorious sunshine. It was positively tropical on the walk in, and I felt very French walking in sans salopettes.
It was great to be in the sun and I got very psyched for barbeques, sun lounging and rock climbing, but with such a fat line I managed to put my winter clothes back on and trek into the shade without too much moaning. We started up The Sash which was typical sloggish ground and were then confronted with the corner of The Wand.
The line didn't look very steep so I jumped straight on. Ten screws, some healthy dinner-plating, and lots of calf burning later I arrived at the belay. The route was never particularly steep but was quite sustained, giving really fun climbing throughout.
Bruce then led up the next pitch which was less sustained but pretty steep, followed by another pitch of easy ground to the summit.
After taking in the awesome views from the summit we headed back down to the bags, and sped off towards the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment