Thursday 22 April 2010

A week in the Peak District 22/04/10


With university effectively finished I was hoping to get one or two more routes out of winter; to take my tally up to 40 routes this season, but it didn't take much persuasion to ditch this plan and head down to the Peak District with Ali, Andy, Ferdia and Neil for some sunny rock climbing. The weather was incredible for the whole week, as was the quality of the climbing and a plethora of routes got ticked! On Tuesday we climbed at Stanage, Wednesday at Frogatt, Thursday at Burbage and Stanage, and Friday at Stanage again. Highlights included; The Left Unconquerable, Chequers Buttress, Knight's Move, Long Tall Sally, Flying Buttress Direct, The Tippler, Manchester Buttress and Lancashire Wall. It was great to get moving on rock again and I was pleased with how my climbing improved throughout the week, given this was my first time rock climbing since I injured my ankle last summer. Mega psyched for the rest of the summer now!

No comments:

Post a Comment