Tuesday 31 August 2010

Activities in August 31/08/10

After Ieuan left at the end of July I made the most of a week of good weather, but no climbing partners, to get out cycling and get some road miles in my legs. I did a few good circuits around Fife taking in the climbs of Glentarkie and Falkland which are always fun, I am still loving my new bike!
On the 3rd Ally, Greg and I headed back to Glen Clova as we all had routes that we wanted to get on after the last trip there, unfortunately the weather forecast was totally wrong and after half an hour hiding from the torrential rain we made a bid for a dry car and headed home with our tails between our legs. Fearing a similair downpour on Sunday we instead headed to Lochearnhead to get out on the water and had a brilliant day mucking around on the boat.
The following week I did some more road cycling until James came up from Birmingham on Thursday for 10 days of mountain biking. After much...well not much at all really, deliberation I sourced an ex-demo Kona Dawg Deluxe 09 bike from Laggan Wolftrax. So I have been trying to make the most of that and have been out biking fourteen times since which has been mostly injury free and great fun!

I've been out group-cycling with Edinburgh Road Club a few times when the weather has allowed, had another two fantastic days at Lochearnhead on mirror flat water, had Holly up to visit, helped Sarah with her new horse (Eddie) and been motocross/enduro riding with my brother Rich a couple of times, so its not been a bad month at all! Let the fun continue!


No comments:

Post a Comment