Wednesday 18 March 2009

Earnsheugh 18.03.09











Back up at Earnsheugh today with Greg, Damo and Andy. Andy and I ventured onto Death Cap which was an excellent climb; the first pitch a long corner to a nice belay ledge before a short but exposed step onto the arete to finish, Mysterious Journey was next to be ticked with the last pitch again providing an excellent finish; a steep traverse on ledges and then a step up into a very thin crack to finish. We then tried Pterodactyl but after two attempts to gain the first belay ledge I was reversing the moves of the opening break when I watched my hands opening as I reversed the last moves; two cams in flared, loose cracks expectedly ripped but another cam in what looked bomber crack held initially before pinging out and spanking me onto the floor before tumbling me down the grass slopes below! Comically Andy then came to check if I was alright and tripped on the ropes, also sending himself down the grassy slopes towards the gushing seas! With a bruised bum and ego we went up Cloisters to finish. A rather lucky end to the day and somewhat humbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment