Monday 5 July 2010

Back to Cambusbarron 05/07/10


With nice weather at the start of the week before forecasted deterioration, I was keen to get out climbing before heading down to London for an overnight trip, then hopefully driving round the noth coast on the motorbike with Sarah if the weather permits, and finally spending a week in Portugal with most of my family. Greg, Sarah and I headed to Cambus' and I was psyched to get on Gobi Roof after having seen it last time. Negating the benefits of warming up I jumped straight on and got bomber gear at waist height before trying to rearrange my left foot whilst holding the crimp, this obviously didn't work and I sunk onto the gear.

Slightly disappointing, especially as I had less than a minute rest before getting the route on the ground up attempt, but pleased to have gotten a clean E2. The route seems to have a stiff reputation but it was probably not E2 if you are over 5'10", as there is only one moderately powerful move from good holds to more good holds with solid gear at your waist. Above the climbing eases but is still interesting with some sandy moves.



Sarah then did well to second Ramplin' and seemed to enjoy it too which was good. We then headed into the Inner Quarry for Greg to have a play on some of the gnarlier routes as a good finish to another good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment