Sunday 4 July 2010

Isle of Lewis Trip 27/06/10-04/07/10



I can't believe its July already, although my tan would disagree!


Over the past week I have been on holiday up on Lewis with Sarah, Greg and co which has been good fun. Unfortunately the weather wasn't always on our side and if it wasn't torrential rain then the winds were strong. We did have some nice weather though and the beaches and general scenery definitely, almost, made up for the rain. There was one upside to the rain in the form of HS1 cafe; which serve generous portions of excellent food, mostly topped with cream, sprinkles, custard, ice cream or all of the above in our case!


Greg and I made it out climbing on two occassions; the first to Dalbeg and the second to a very inspiring Mangersta. I don't know if I was tired or we weren't at the best venues for my grade but I wasn't overly impressed with the Lewisian Gneiss, again perhaps I was missing something. Greg had a good trip ticking the tricky looking Killer Fingers and I passed the day by taking photos of wales, sharks and ganets, fishing or doing easier routes.

A good holiday and a great place to have visited and seen, but I don't know if I will be going back anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment