Thursday 31 December 2009

Let It Snow! 31.12.2009


I had been planning on climbing these last few days but with so much snow around I decided to stay away from powdered buttresses and head to powdered bowls and ridges on the snowboard instead! This proved to be a wise decision as I had a chat with a number of climbers walking out via the ski runs who all said they hadn't got anything done. The snow conditions were awesome and we had a fantastic day. In between rallying around in 4 Wheel Drive through heavy snow, I have been out on the Nordic ski's again a few times; we even skied right round the rim of Loch Morlich! Today we headed up again, but with ridiculous amounts of snowfall it took us 4 hours to get from Aviemore to the Ski Centre...but it was so worth it! I managed to kick some of the best powder turns I have ever experienced, worldwide, right on my doorstep! With almost 8" of dry, fluffy snow on top of further powdery snow and a solid base it was bliss to carve out freshies and slash the snow into huge plumes, dissapearing into them and emerging seconds later covered in snow and with a cold face! Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment