Wednesday 16 June 2010

Pass of Ballater 16/06/10



After a disappointing trip to Chamonix I was keen to make the most of the nice weather here so headed up to Craig an t'Seabhaig to meet up with Greg, McGeachy and Jonny. As the weather was nice I decided to head up on the motorbike and the A93 from Perth onwards provided an excellent start to the day! This theme continued throughout with some brilliant climbing on the sometimes polished granite keeping things interesting. I started the day with a nice ascent of Little Cenotaph which gets two stars before getting some photos of Greg on Peel's Wall.




I then got on the three star Black Custard and got to the last move on the onsight attempt before missing out a crucial foothold which meant my body was in the wrong position as I fought to get through the niche in the roof, a flailing slap to the finishing jug went as expected really and I ended up a good couple of metres nearer the ground. After a rest I got back on and managed to get the route ground up.




A good day at another new venue, pleased to be pushing my grade a bit and had fun getting some air miles! A slightly wet ride through the pass of Glenshee before the roads dried out gave a suiting finish to the fantastic day.

1 comment:

  1. Hiking in Ballater is great. I was there with friends of mine last summer and we had a wonderful time.

    Ballater hotels

    ReplyDelete