Saturday 12 June 2010

A Very Wet Weekend in Chamonix 12/06/10-15/06/10


After the building excitement for my first alpine climbing trip it was with much disappointment that I arrived into a very wet Chamonix on Saturday lunchtime. After meeting up with Lee and booking into a campsite we hoped the weather would improve later in the week as forecast. Unfortunately as the weekend progressed the poor weather forecast continued and on Monday I had had enough of sitting in a wet tent, especially with the weather good back home. I changed my flights and headed back to Geneva to get an earlier flight. Slightly frustrating that the week I book to go to France is the week there is torrential rain and flash flooding, but the mountains will all still be there next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment